[AusNOG] Urgent - Pacnet NOC contact (with BGP clue)

Nick @ Deltaband nick at deltaband.com
Sun Dec 12 21:21:30 EST 2010

I've only ever seen something like this once before.

After the injunction was filed that prevented the defendant from carrying on
the action that was harming the plaintiffs business, a civil case was
launched against the defendant. The defendant counter sued for the monies
outstanding in the dispute that started the whole issue.

It went to court and the judge through a pretty heavy damages judgement at
the defendant that not only included the direct loss of revenues lost by the
plaintiff, but future losses the plaintiff may experience from the action
that had been taken. The court took a very dim view of the process the
defendant had followed and said words to the effect of; there is a way to go
about resolving billing disputes - commercial sabotage wasn't it.

I'm not saying the circumstances of this scenario are the same, but they
sounds pretty similar.