[AusNOG] Aggressive competition

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Aug 12 15:46:18 EST 2010

Hi guys and girls,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but whilst Telstra wholesale and retail are the same company, while they continue to sell wholesale access cheaper to BigPond than to other ISP's, and while they continue with their current attitude, how is this ever going to be done "fairly"?

Telstra warns ISPs to expect "aggressive" competition
itnews.com.au/News/224372,telstra-warns-isps-to-expect-aggressive-competition.aspx

Only logical way it can be done fairly is if the government buy back TW and make it a utility like it used to be (aka when it was Telecom) and sell BigPond as a private entity who was on same playing field as everyone else and had to compete like everyone else.

None of this 51% government owned rubbish that we have now. Two totally seperate companies, no grey area.

Cheers
Kai