[AusNOG] US Colo ? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kayne Naughton Kayne.Naughton at acma.gov.au
Fri Jun 12 13:53:12 EST 2009

And maintenance is their problem if you rent a dedicated server. If
you've ever tried calling in support on a box in another country and
getting a DC escort you'll know the value in a "hey guys, need a disk
replaced please" email option to your provider vs. a week of stuffing
around getting IBM/HP/Dell access to your server.

My preferred option is duplicating across two cheap boxes at different
providers/DCs, depends on your app of course but it's a bit cheaper/more
reliable than one big server. Horses for courses of course.