[AusNOG] qld iiNet + qld 3 mobile outages

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Tue Feb 17 12:37:31 EST 2009

I think iiNet and Hutch use Optus WDM for interstate carriage - iiNet have mentioned a fibre cut off Coffs as a root cause* - perhaps their circuits are on the same fiber? Would be strange that the circuits are not protected. Perhaps I'm totally wrong?

* - (ah there's my inner ITIL, we'll stamp that out before it becomes a problem.)

Curt

Managing Director
SONET Telecommunications

[e] curtis at bayne.com.au