[AusNOG] qld iiNet + qld 3 mobile outages

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 13:45:52 EST 2009

As is the way of things, the traffic is on a protected circuit, but it would appear the redundant path doesn't have the same capacity as the primary. Either that or Optus have sold capacity on both paths so that if/when one goes down the one still remaining isn't sufficient to handle the entire load..

We've seeing same problems on links BNE to SYD, ie. increased packet loss and general slowness but the links are definitely still functioning.