[AusNOG] Google launches alternative DNS resolver

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Fri Dec 4 09:55:27 EST 2009

Based on the article I don't particularly think it's a great idea.  It's
more about snarfing user data than improving the internet.  Then if
enough users use it, we will find ourselves with Gdomains Google's own
domain system.  This is marketing spin suggesting there is a major
problem where there isn't one, all in the endeavour to convince people
to unwittingly provide more of their metadata for profiling/advertising.

If it were for the interests of the 'internet' then why store user data
at all?

[b]