[AusNOG] Google launches alternative DNS resolver

Nick Brown nick at inticon.net.au
Fri Dec 4 09:59:14 EST 2009

The majority of Australia's ISP's make their recursive nameservers
public, implement caching and follow the RFC's - perhaps we should all
be hitting up Computerworld for an article.

Looking at this from an operational perspective, it is going to also
result in us needing to adjust and rethink support processes as its no
longer just Little Johny's torrents slowing down MaPa's connection,
its going to be MaPa themselves reading how great Google DNS is on news.com.au
, implementing the change, and then getting upset when everything
slows right down.

Nick.