[AusNOG] Assistance with connection rural nsw

Matthew Halpin mhalpin at frl.com.au
Mon Apr 20 19:35:14 EST 2009

Hello,

I am after some assistance with a connection in rural nsw, about 40km
north of mudgee.
We have been in discussions with Telstra since November for them to lay
some fibre for us, a total of about 5km from the nearest exchange. Today
we found out that they expect this to take six months, which I do not
have.
I am after some advise as to what I can do to speed the connection up.
Do I get a communications licence ourselves, and lay the fibre. Is there
someone else who can provide the same service?

Thanks

Matthew Halpin