[AusNOG] Aust Govt will build National Broadband Network, no company will be awarded the tender.

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Apr 14 07:44:53 EST 2009

Bevan I think you crossed the line when you implied MMC should quit
simply because he disagrees with what his employer supports, if thats
your attitude, I guess we should let it be a warning for anyone who
considers working for pipe networks.

Newsflash and its about time every F'n exec on this list took reminder
of, your employees are NOT you, they are NOT an extension of your brain
nor your line of thoughts, they are NOT as narrow visioned as you are,
they are (in most cases) human and DO have a mind of their own, they are
entitled to NOT agree with what their employer sees as a worthwhile plan
to support/plan of action, and, before the pedantics bring it up, MMC
made no direct references to his employer and not agreeing with their
support of something, that was you Bevan, so I see nothing wrong with
MMC's comments they way they were worded.

This is a public list and most likely no-one here speaks in any official
capacity on behalf of their employer and to suggest someone resign
because they disagree, is rather pathetic.

/rant

-Noel
(top posting because I'm sure it will piss some people off, as  I'm
pissed for spending the past hour sifting through this thread... now,
its my coffee time)