[AusNOG] Fwd: 2010 APNIC Fee Schedule - Call for comments

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Mon Apr 6 12:05:15 EST 2009

David,

On 06/04/2009, at 9:41 AM, David Hughes wrote:

> And for those people out there who have a historical allocation and
> are not APNIC members?  (must be a stack of those).

My understanding of the email from James was that this included
historical allocations, which now attract a $1350/year minimum fee?

Reading through this document it seems to be like it's basically a fee
hike all over the place, in reasonably large proportions.  I hope no
one is a non-member. :)

Can anyone clarify if IPv6 fees are now separate? With the membership
tiers they are sortof "joined" which made alot of sense to me, if you
had a /21 you could hold a /32 of IPv6.  I can see that being a
migration barrier for smaller businesses and hosts? Having to pay
thousands more for IPv6 space would make people more hesitant to
experiment IMHO.

Some-one please tell me I've completely missed the mark? :)

Trent