[AusNOG] Conroy censoring dissent?

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Nov 15 01:22:33 EST 2008

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Steven Lisson wrote:

> It has been quite obvious that network operators and power users do not
> want this interfering with their internet access or networks. Is it
> about time we started to write or visit our local members of parliament
> and let them know what we think of this filtering instead of just
> talking about it amongst ourselves?
>
> If our local members do not know how people feel about this what good is
> all this talk going to do?

http://wiki.efp.org.au/index.php?title=Score_Card has a list of all
members of parliament, and their response (if contacted).

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Australian_Internet_Filtering has
links to most of the media coverage. The Whirlpool thread is the main
public forum for discussion, I've heard there's several threads on the
SAGE-AU lists and undoubtedly EFA's stop-censorship list is on it as well.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |