[AusNOG] Conroy censoring dissent?

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Wed Nov 12 13:11:20 EST 2008

If the controlling group publishes a list of blocked content then we could combine the two - why not publish a "best of the censored internet" torrent? (sans the unconscionable material, but that goes without saying)

Not only would you get your uncensored content, you'd also get a visit from two fine ladies/gentlemen in dark sunglasses and a free ride in an unmarked Police car! (Perhaps a *little* over-exaggerated, but I digress...)

Speaking of which, what will the penalties for attempted/successful censorship evasion be? How do we prove that these users are, indeed, attempting to evade the filter and it's not just a piece of spyware/an exploited machine? What about users behind corporate proxies - will it be the business' responsibility to ensure that all internal access is logged so that these attempts can be investigated?

Regards,
Curtis