[AusNOG] Primus BGP support

Campbell, Alex Alex.Campbell at ogilvy.com.au
Sat Nov 1 23:39:18 EST 2008

Hi all,

We have recently started buying transit from Primus in their Melbourne
DC.  We have come across a BGP issue with their service and their NOC is
telling us that they only do BGP support 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.  I guess
they figure that BGP issues are very friendly and usually only arise
during business hours.

This is especially frustrating since I actually asked their business
development manager during the sales process "does Primus have a 24x7
NOC we can contact, staffed by engineers capable of troubleshooting BGP
issues etc" and he said yes.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with Primus?  Does this seem
reasonable?

Cheers,

Alex