[AusNOG] Aussie Broadband Outage

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:21:13 AEDT 2023

Interesting.

I believe Aussie is based in Melbourne - I had a major outage on
several Vocus services in Melbourne between about 09:10 and 09:40 this
morning.

Wonder if they're in a shared DC and took a hit at the same time as
Aussie did...

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 at 10:10, Luke Thompson <luke.t at tncrew.com.au> wrote:

> James on Whirlpool has just shared what you likely saw tweeted before:
>
> "We are currently experiencing issues with one of our data centres, which is impacting some of our services including MyAussie, VoIP, and our Customer Service phone lines / Live Chat"
>
> Sounds like there's no redundancy for Carbon, My Aussie, VoIP, Chat, etc. Wild.
>
> Luke Thompson
> Chief Technical Officer
>
> The Network Crew Pty Ltd
> https://thenetworkcrew.com.au
>
> On 13 March 2023 10:07:57 am Troy <troy at troykelly.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is anybody from Aussie able to share what's going on?
>>
>> Looks like there's a major outage with services (no Carbon, phones, etc)
>>
>> There was? a tweet for about 40 seconds saying that there was an issue with a data centre, but it was deleted.
>>
>> Regards, Troy
>> Brevity is the elixir of life.
>> Father Hector McGrath, Pixie 2020

veg·e·tar·i·an:
Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride