[AusNOG] An urgent call to action - Do your part and protect APNIC

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:56:07 AEDT 2023

Just yesterday I had a cold call from these guys. From a number based in
Singapore. Initially they pretended to be from APNIC, but when they didn't
know my email address, I knew something was up.

I suspect they are abusing whois data and cold calling apnic members.

The subsequent email came from NRS/Larus, and had links to the
misinformation they propagate. Included was their list of preferred
nominees.

Now that I have done some research, the threat to APNIC appears to be
substantial. The proposed changes to these by-laws need to happen.

--

Dan