[AusNOG] An urgent call to action - Do your part and protect APNIC

Karl Kloppenborg k at rl.ag
Tue Feb 14 19:13:37 AEDT 2023

Everyone,

As many are aware, EC Elections are upon us, but few are aware of the dangers currently ahead.
Some of the nominees are attempting to board stack and gain control of the EC.

I implore you to read my attached document and do your part by contacting the EC with the provided template.

By-laws require a very large voter base to enact, but it is possible. Australia and NZ have some of the largest voter block in the APNIC and enough to trigger a by-law change.

I cannot stress this enough; the danger is very real – at the time of sending this email at least five candidates are either directly endorsed by NRS or the company LARUS.

You can review this yourself here: https://2023.apricot.net/elections/nominations/

Do your part, pass this email, send this template to APNIC members you know and let's garnish the votes necessary to protect our internet and our APNIC.

Thank you,
Karl Kloppenborg.