[AusNOG] NBN requesting personal information

Graham Maltby graham at maltby.id.au
Fri Sep 30 11:37:34 AEST 2022

Hi All,

In light of the current Optus debacle, can anyone explain NBN's constant
demands for Proof of Occupancy Documentation (POD) in relation to the
most trivial of request. I accept they want to ensure requests are
legitimate for creating and modifying LOCIDs, but surely that should be
limited to addressing details only, with the onus of vetting the end
user left to the RSP.

What possible reason can they have to demand end user names and contact
information?

In my mind, they are overstepping their wholesale role and, creating the
opportunity for another needless future compromise.

Cheers,
Graham