[AusNOG] Looking at 4G Providers

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Wed Sep 28 20:25:22 AEST 2022

Hi Everyone,

I have a project where I’m looking at deploying up to a few hundred 4G sites. We currently use M2MOne and while it works well functionality-wise, the data pricing is not going to work for this project, so I am looking for other options for some kind of wholesale 4G provider. Each site for this project is probably going to be pushing 10-20GB minimum data per month and I need to be able to price way more competitively. And just in general we are in need of far more competitive data rates on 4G.

We do also have a lot of existing 4G sites that we do backup 4G with that I would likely want to move over, but I doubt that we would be near the the point of qualifying for an MVNO relationship as we’re not in the thousands? Happy to be proven wrong though.

In terms of some functionality I am after:

  *   Needs to allow for Telstra 4G, though other providers are welcome.
  *   Needs to support Telstra Extranet, or some equivalent where we can get a direct public IP on the 4G that is off our network (can be dynamic though static would be nice).
  *   Some kind of control panel where we can view and perform basic diagnostics on our SIMs so we can self-manage. More transparency is better.
  *   Ability to adjust SIM data plans on demand.
  *   Ability to pre-purchase SIMs un-activated and activate on demand so we have them ready to deploy.
  *   Data pooling options

Things that would be nice:

  *   Ability to swap SIMs to some kind of layer 2 handoff
  *   Or a private-network style service with each SIM having a private IP that we could hand-off to our core network.
  *   5G would be awesome but AFAIK the Telstra MVNO wholesale network doesn’t support this yet.

Thanks all! Have a good night.

Rhys Hanrahan | Chief Information Officer
e: rhys at nexusone.com.au<mailto:rhys at nexusone.com.au>

[www.nexusone.com.au]<http://www.nexusone.com.au/>   [signature_1237010360] <http://www.fusiontech.com.au/>

NEXUS ONE | FUSION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
p: 1800 NEXUS1 (1800 639 871) or 1800 565 845 | a: Suite 12.03 Level 12, 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000
www.nexusone.com.au<http://www.nexusone.com.au/> | www.fusiontech.com.au<http://www.fusiontech.com.au/>

The information in this email and any accompanying attachments may contain; a. Confidential information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties; b. Legally privileged information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties; and or c. Copyright material Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use or distribution of this email.