[AusNOG] Optus Hack

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Wed Sep 28 09:27:07 AEST 2022

HI,
There's more than just the telco and privacy laws though and what you think
your company is required to adhere to can be non-trivial to determine and
may not be consistent.

eg. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2022C00179

If a telco is providing devices on hire-purchase or lease (see 6.(2) 10 and
12 for instance) as often people do with mobile carriers for phones then
the requirement to maintain that information is 7 years as per part 10.

MMC