[AusNOG] Small acoustically isolated racks

Oliver Herrmann oliver at monoxane.io
Tue Sep 27 11:43:28 AEST 2022

If it's not against the aesthetic requirements, have a look at live production flight cases, there’s a lot in that sort of size range that have multiple layers of acoustic foam and baffles in the front and back lids. We use them to put switches and playout servers on stages near microphones without causing problems so they’re usually pretty well insulated.

You could probably get one custom made to fit your acoustic and aesthetic needs by a reputable case company for well under the cost of a regular acoustically isolated rack too.