[AusNOG] Optus Hack

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Tue Sep 27 10:46:03 AEST 2022

Hi everyone,

Obviously a big week in telco and cybersecurity.  As part of my work I am on the Australian Cyber Security Industry Advisory Committee as an industry representative.

I am keen to look at opening up a dialogue with more and more telco, DC and Cloud CISO’s on what they are doing around this issue and looking to take a proactive step towards best practice on customer data and system security.

There will be some pretty serious consequences of this hack on the industry and importantly we need to make sure we are as best placed to help each other continually increase in security posture through best practice, but also working with each other as an industry.

Are people keen on having a online/VC session sometime in the next few weeks where like-minded industry participants get together and discuss security, retention, encryption, threat detection etc.?  If so, just ping me directly and if there is enough interest I will send out an invitation to the list for a call.

Cheers

[b]