[AusNOG] Community Donations

francisfides at mailup.net francisfides at mailup.net
Mon Sep 12 13:05:44 AEST 2022

Hi all, sorry to bother everyone.

I'm writing for 4ZZZ in Brisbane, a community org I've been volunteering with for six years. A bunch of equipment is getting older and older, with crucial stuff approaching 15 years old. I'm passionate to keep the place running well, giving people a place for their art, music and voices to be heard.

🡆 I've been asked to look around for donations, including interstate - we would pay for any pickup and we're a registered not-for-profit with DGR status.

➤ Servers;
➤ Desktops;
➤ and network Switches are what we are wanting to upgrade or sure up with a spare.

Any pointers will be welcome too. We're better at finding radio communications gear compared to this! My email address for the station is jackw at 4zzz.org.au, but off-list on this address is fine.

Thanks,
Jack
0488661841

More info on the station:

We are a community radio station that's focused on connecting and amplifying the voices of our local communities in Greater Brisbane. The station has a 47 year legacy of platforming marginalised and under-represented voices; including the LGBTIQA+ community, First Nations people and those living with a disability.  We're a registered not-for-profit with DGR status that is run by a team of 250 volunteers and a handful of paid staff.  Our website is https://4zzz.org.au.

  francisfides at mailup.net