[AusNOG] Fwd: NBN FTTP router recommendations 200MBps+

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:19:31 AEST 2022

Heh. Now that we are getting opinionated, I gave up on all vendors and
their proprietary offloads, and tend to use small x86 nuc-like boxes with
openwrt. I turn on the gui long enough to configure them, then turn it off.
I get perfect uptime til power failures of my last deployment of the apu2s
(which proved a little weak to run cake at a gbit, but were fine to
500Mbit). i3 or higher boxes push a gbit both ways easily.

Upgrading is sometimes a PITA. I've been looking over  https://openwisp.org/