[AusNOG] Defunct copper

yahoo yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed May 4 19:35:19 AEST 2022

Reporting it as a hazard in their "public" space infrastructure will typically get it resolved pretty quickly if you include a photo of wires on the ground in the report.The liability of somebody falling over it and suing them for squillions in negligence after it has been reported is a strong motivator.Don't try to report it as a customer fault though, there be dragons.Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Chaundy <chris.chaundy at gmail.com> Date: 4/5/22  5:11 pm  (GMT+10:00) To: ausnog at ausnog.net Subject: [AusNOG] Defunct copper A little off-topic but does anyone know how you can get Telstra to remove defunct overhead copper cabling?  Our area has been switched to NBN but all cabling (power, NBN fibre and legacy Telstra copper is strung on power poles in that order from top to bottom.  Now I really DO mean bottom - the old copper is hanging down from the poles through bushes and along the ground at the top of my property (it may get accidentally tangled up in my brush-cutter one day :-).Seriously, it is a nuisance/hazard and I don't think that I have the strength or patience to attempt to deal with this through 'Telstra faults'!Cheers, Chris