[AusNOG] Defunct copper

Chris Chaundy chris.chaundy at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:10:52 AEST 2022

A little off-topic but does anyone know how you can get Telstra to remove
defunct overhead copper cabling?  Our area has been switched to NBN but all
cabling (power, NBN fibre and legacy Telstra copper is strung on power
poles in that order from top to bottom.  Now I really DO mean bottom - the
old copper is hanging down from the poles through bushes and along the
ground at the top of my property (it may get accidentally tangled up in my
brush-cutter one day :-).

Seriously, it is a nuisance/hazard and I don't think that I have the
strength or patience to attempt to deal with this through 'Telstra faults'!

Cheers, Chris