[AusNOG] Enterprise Network QoS Traffic Profiling Tools

Vijay Sivaraman vijay at unsw.edu.au
Wed May 4 10:55:47 AEST 2022

FYI we have already implemented and commercially deployed P4 based RTT measurement in multiple carrier networks, as part of the Canopus Network Analytics platform (https://www.canopusnet.com/).

We take it a step further and correlate it with the application (some of which are more sensitive to RTT than others), as hinted in our paper at the IAB workshop: https://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2021/09/CanopusPositionPaperCameraReady.pdf

I can also add that we continually measure RTT not just for TCP traffic, but also for UDP streams, particularly gaming, as profiled in our most recent OMG! Report: https://www.canopusnet.com/post/omg-report-mar-2022

You may reach out to me directly if you are further interested in this topic.

Regards,
Vijay