[AusNOG] Direct Bury Fibre - Installer Recommendations

Luke Thompson luke.t at tncrew.com.au
Fri Jul 29 10:42:26 AEST 2022

G'day,

I'm not sure if they'd do a smaller/single job in QLD, though Global
Utility Construction gets a good wrap. Aussie Broadband have been using
them for at least 1 state of their national fibre roll-out.

Having worked through some challenging sites/services over the years,
especially in our past life in the MSP space, maintenance-wise you'd be
likely to thank yourself for going with a piped service.

With 3km of earth opened up, ease-of-repair down the track is the main
thing I'd be considering.

Very different circumstances, though with 3km to trench it's still worth
thinking about:

Page 13:
https://www.ausnog.net/sites/default/files/ausnog-2021/presentations/D1_S6_Phil_Brit_AUSNOG_2022_V1.5.pdf

Some other providers that are local to QLD, which (at a glance) seem decent:

https://www.gnbenergy.com.au/fibre-optic-work/
https://www.hitechfibre.com.au/fibre-optics/

Good luck with it all!

Cheers,