[AusNOG] Optus Wifi calling assistance

Joseph Goldman joseph at goldman.id.au
Sun Jul 24 17:25:20 AEST 2022

You could go the net-eng route, give a phone some open access and
capture its traffic to suss what it may be doing to complete a wifi
call.

In general though, although it may be that different carriers do it
slightly different - wifi calling appears to happen over IPSec tunnels,
and maybe encrypted SIP, so many commonalities across the board appear
to be:

UDP 500,4500, 5061
TCP 143, 443, 993 (some of these are for visual voicemail though)

You might be able to get it working with a combo of this, its worth a
shot, but if no luck would definitely require specifics from Optus or
someone who's gone through it before.