[AusNOG] ISDN shutdown

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu Jan 13 19:55:48 AEDT 2022

Hi Just on this, aren't Telstra shutting down the ADSL and ADSL 2 networks at some point in the next few years?
Also I don't think you can sell Dial up connections through Telstra anymore.
2015 they stopped selling it retail so if your still using it for some limited services find a better solution.
ISDN lines were old when ADSL came out so it makes sense Telstra is getting rid of them.
In most of the areas where you needed ISDN Fibre should be available either through Telstra, TPG / AAPT or NBN EE. Which will be far more superior.
Only issues would be in really remote parts of Australia where Starlink isn't an option due to no mobile coverage and large trees etc.
That leaves SkyMuster which is a bit hit and miss.
Also not much good for voice I mean its doable but I wouldn't want to use voice services over SkyMuster day in day out unless no other option was available.

Chad Kelly
Manager
CPK Web Services
Phone 03 52730246