[AusNOG] NBN FTTC services and power hits

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Mon Jan 3 18:13:04 AEDT 2022

On 3/1/22 9:26 am, Chris Chaundy wrote:
> It seems that every time there is a power hit in our locality (which with Ausnet is pretty regularly), the FTTC services die and don’t come back until you log a fault through the provider (in my case, Telstra) and then wait for them to go through the hoops of dealing with NBNco.

For *my* FTTC I've had occasional cases where an NTD reboot was needed
(~1/year), however much more frequent appears to be cases where one of
my neighbours bounce their NTD (for whatever reason) the micro-DSLAM
seems to reboot for a multi-minute outage.

I'm seriously right about at the point where I might put in an order to
get someone else to dig fibre in[1] since there's enough evidence that
NBN simply choose not to care about multiple multi-minute outages a day
so I've not even bothered trying to call a fault on it.

1: Hi sales people, no I'm not interested in talking to you, I know who
has fibre near me, I'll reach out to contacts I already have if I end up
deciding to try.