[AusNOG] On Prem Exchange issues - y2k22 bug.

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 18:52:32 AEDT 2022

Probably related Reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/rt91z6/exchange_2019_antimalware_bad_update

Appears to be related to the long signed integer value for version numbers
allowing values only up to 2,147,483,647 - so when version numbers for the
malware/inline virus scanner were in 2021 - the first two numbers were "21"
and it worked.

Now it's 2022 - the first two numbers are "22", and it b0rks the update

It's almost comical that a company as big as Microsoft - especially after
the hype around Y2K bugs all those years ago - has missed this so blatantly
- but I suppose the company that we should be used to that by now.

DaZZa