[AusNOG] Optus SIMS in Telstra network devices (E8372)

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at cloud365.com.au
Fri Feb 4 17:01:26 AEDT 2022

Hello Colleagues,

Is it possible to use Optus SIMs in Telstra network devices, namely the E8372 devices from Huawei ?

These are our standard for mobile users and a few OOB sites, so ideally it would be great if we could re-use them since they are all reasonably new.

Reading the specs (900/1800/2100) it appears possible to do a SIM swap but I want to be sure before we head down this path.

Happy to hear others' experiences doing something similar.

Many thanks

Darren.