[AusNOG] Zoom Broadband another Epic broadband in the making

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Fri Dec 2 23:14:56 AEDT 2022

Hi All .
Came across this new provider on Whingepool (whirlpool) while doing some casual browsing www.zoombroadband.com.au<http://www.zoombroadband.com.au> .
Pricing looks very much unsustainable and the business model horrifies me.
Plus this post on Ozbargain https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/739835?page=4#comment
Look at page 5.
Now I know the margins on NBN aren't fantastic but $3 I wouldn't even waste time with.
I mean I don't want to discourage new players from entering the market and giving it a crack but I think you at least need to be able to walk before you can run.
Also you need to comply with the TIO requirements and the Comms alliance for ISPs. As in the codes of conduct.
Regards Chad.

Chad Kelly
Manager
CPK Web Services