[AusNOG] AusNOG 2.0

Dave Mill dave at mill.net.nz
Thu Apr 14 09:21:15 AEST 2022

Hi David

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 4:44 PM <david at hughes.id> wrote:

> To attend an AusNOG event you must agree to behave in accordance with the
> Code of Conduct.  If you don't, you'll be removed from the event and you
> won't be welcome back.  But that only covers the time people are at the
> actual event.  Once you leave the conference venue our CoC cannot be
> applied to your behaviour.  However, attendees at the conference are
> employees of companies, and those companies should have expectations for
> the behaviour of their employees.  Do companies have a Code of Conduct for
> their staff?  Do companies remind staff of their expectations before they
> attend an event?  If not, perhaps we can work together to define a code of
> conduct any company can sign up to, for employees attending not just AusNOG
> but all industry events?
>
> As you say, this is an Industry-wide problem so I'm asking the whole
> industry to work to address it.  I'd like to see an industry wide
> expectation on how people behave when attending all industry social
> events.  I'm more than happy to take the lead and coordinate this through
> AusNOG.  If you are an employer who sends staff to industry events and are
> interested in helping with this or signing up to a shared Code of Conduct
> please get in touch?

On behalf of NZNOG, I'd just like to chime in here and say we fully support
what you are doing here. If we can help in any way please let us know.

NZNOG has just been (re)announced for May 18-20 so this is very relevant to
us right now. We want to hold an event that is safe for all.

Cheers
Dave

(on behalf of the NZNOG Trust)