[AusNOG] FS.com for temporary 10G switch?

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Thu Oct 21 22:01:04 EST 2021

Thanks guys! Appreciate the quick feedback. I honestly didn’t realise Mikrotik did switches, but it sounds like this is a more popular option, and probably the route I’d go with.

I don’t think I’ll end up using any L3 features honestly, but would RouterOS instead of SwOS be considered the more established path, and more stable?

It’s been a long time since I’ve used Mikrotik and I’ve known the routers at least to have some crash bugs/stability issues in the past? (Though that may have been due to a particular feature mix – I’m hoping just VLANs would be rock solid).

Thanks,
Rhys.