[AusNOG] Anyone knowledgeable from Mimecast here who can contact me off list?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Oct 19 13:10:32 EST 2021

Andrew,

This is likely off topic for this list, but anyway, since I live on the
edge...

By my count there is only 3 not 10 mechanism lookups (and show me an
implementation that actually stops at 10), I'm not so sure they should
be counting the includes includes/a/aaaa's either, only the include
itself, as includes are typically out of your control (it has been a
very long time since I read that RFC so may be wrong)

Anyway, if that was the issue, it would have surfaced long before now
surely.

If I was a betting man, I'd say DNS caching is the cause, if I was a
betting man, I'd also be betting someone didnt drop a TTL when preparing
for the change, so will have to wait till records refresh.

Of course all this is assumption because OP never posted the actual
error message.

Cheers

--
Regards,
Noel Butlerimplimentation

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.