[AusNOG] Google Public DNS via MegaIX Melbourne

James Morgan james.morgan at vernet.com.au
Wed Nov 17 12:59:43 EST 2021

We are certainly seeing strangeness into Google via the Megaport Melbourne IX at the moment.  Timeouts querying 8.8.8.8, users of Recaptcha reporting that their verification calls were failing so people were getting locked out of websites, etc.  Strangely another of our upstreams who is also connected to MegaIX Melbourne had this problem yesterday, but don’t seem to have it today.  Anyone else still seeing problems, or have any tickets open with Google that I can reference in ours?

James.