[AusNOG] 5G Router recommendations

Guy Ellis guy at traverse.com.au
Tue Jun 29 10:31:28 EST 2021

Hi Darren,

There are a couple of Whitebox CPE solutions around (ARM or x86), plus
of course the Sierra XR and MG offerings.
Sierra seems to be 2-3x the price of a Whitebox CPE.
All of these have external 5G SMA antennas.

If you are interested in ARM CPE, drop me an email off list.

Kind regards,
  - Guy.

On 29/06/2021 9:50 am, Darren Moss wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a number of sites with NBN connections, some of which are not
> very reliable, so the plan is to combine 5G alongside copper connectivity.
>
> These are office workers who are now working from home. They typically
> run office productivity, email, etc, maybe watch a little YouTube… not
> multimedia or streaming users.
>
> I would like to know what 5G routers others are using.
>
> Needs to be decent with a proper PSU, feature a UTP port for LAN
> connectivity and external antenna capability would be good.
>
> We would prefer not to use dongles / USB port routers.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Darren.

Guy Ellis
Mobile +61 419 398 234