[AusNOG] National Measurement Institute's NTP service

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Wed Jul 14 12:02:26 EST 2021

Hi all,

This morning I received email from the (Australian) National Measurement
Institute (NMI) notifying me that they are changing the IP address of
their Melbourne NTP server shortly and it occurred to me that perhaps
others weren't aware that the NMI operate national NTP servers with
chime based from a caesium atomic clock located at NMI’s Lindfield
laboratory. You must register your IP addresses with them in order to
use them but more information is available at

<https://www.industry.gov.au/policies-and-initiatives/physical-measurement-services/time-and-frequency-services>

and scroll down to "NTP Servers".

I'm not associated with NMI so if you have questions then ask them.

Mark.