[AusNOG] Peer with AWS through MegaIX

Paul Holmanskikh ausnog at pkholm.com
Fri Jan 8 23:46:13 EST 2021

Hi,

What do you mean under AWS ? Amazon AS16509? We have bilateral peering
with Amazon in Megaport Sydney. But it was setup years ago. I can try to
dig out old mails, but I bet everything is changed since then.

On 2020-12-31 10:57, Andres Miedzowicz wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Is someone aware if AWS will do bilateral peering over MegaIX in
> Melbourne and Sydney? I noticed they are not in the Route Server and
> peeringdb.com doesn't show them in those exchanges but the MegaIX
> looking glass does. If they do peering, do you have a contact email I
> can write to? I tried with peering-apac at amazon.com but haven't received
> a response.
>
> I saw a thread about this from 2018 in AusNOG that would indicate that
> they won't peer over MegaIX but maybe things have changed in a few
> years.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andres

---
NEXON - I.T. FOR THE DYNAMIC BUSINESS
Paul Holmanskikh
Senior Network Engineer

Disclaimer: The contents of this email represent my own views and not
necessarily the views of my employer