[AusNOG] iiiNet DC outage Perth?

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Dec 30 20:00:34 AEDT 2021

I lost access to my business email account and NBN connection from
midday on Christmas Day to late afternoon on Dec 27th. No notifications
from WestNet/iiNet/TPG, had to ring them to be told they're aware of a
fault and "I'll be contacted as soon as it's fixed".
WestNet website was down in that time, so couldn't access WestNet faults
page. Used a non-WestNet connection to get onto Stalkbook (Facebook) and
see that they'd posted a similar generic message.

Dunno how many emails were purged or kept in the queue for processing.
If the problem has been fixed I still have no notification from WestNet
about it.

Don't have many connectivity options up here in Broome.
It's usually a fibre fault from someone who didn't dial-before-you-dig,
or similar situation, it doesn't meet the criteria for financial
reimbursement but it'd be super nice if they brought back the basic
courtesy called customer service.