[AusNOG] Issues with Google via MegaIX Melbourne

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Tue Aug 24 14:51:40 EST 2021

We have seen issues with Google traffic using bilateral peers via MegaIX Melbourne since around 1pm today. The secondary peer is offline entirely. The first peer reset at the same time as the second peer went offline. We had connectivity issues with various google services including gmail and search.

We disabled the bilateral peers, and our Sydney peers have taken over as primary. Connectivity issues appear to have stabilised.

I'm going to log a ticket with Google shortly, but wanted to give people a heads up.

Regards,
Philip Loenneker| Senior Network Engineer
TasmaNet | Vastnet | Netmode