[AusNOG] Cables cut in Perth Cable Protection Zone

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Mon Aug 2 11:54:26 EST 2021

This situation was one that was completely avoidable and frankly incredibly concerning for the protection of Australia’s critical infrastructure.  We/SUB.CO will be providing a detailed analysis on how serious an incident this was, how close to a total disaster it nearly was and what we need to do to make sure this does not happen again.

I personally have a few 100G’s on Indigo that I can farm out to those who need a backup.  Just reach out for cross-connect locations if you’re in pain.

[b]