[AusNOG] TPG/Vocus routing issues?

David Trad davidtradconsulting at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 10:43:48 EST 2021

Hey Dazza,

I am not sure but seems it must have happened through the night, even
though I feel for the Vocus team right now as no Cable cut is fun and the
AM's of the cable system will be under immense pressure right now, we gotta
be thankful that the ship didn't drag its anchor over Indi and SWM cables
systems otherwise we would have seen a blanket West Coast outage.

Then the interwebs would have been fun to see how well it would perform
over the next 2 weeks, I am sure Cogent is maxed out right now, maybe even
HE, lets see how many band together to offer a temporary solution to cover
some peeps who are feeling it bad, we are after all a
capitalist society and no doubt this would be an ideal time to highlight
diversity in carrier connectivity ;)

(Was that a too soon comment?)

Cheers,

David Trad