[AusNOG] Scam Calls originating from 02 8006 2433

Evan Dent evan at evandent.com
Fri Sep 25 17:49:13 EST 2020

What I find interesting is the voice providers do not appear to be
interested in helping squash this sort of behaviour. It's one thing when
CLID is spoofed but it's another when numbers are able be dialed and calls
go through to the scammers.

Does anyone know why VSPs / wholesales are not interested in squashing this
activity? Is it so that the police ect can try and track town activity?

Either way our eBay scammers from earlier this week are still happily
trying to connect to my PC and our ATO ones from today are getting wiser. I
think my cli must be on there "call me slang names list"

I went to the local police station and they just said there is nothing they
can do, contact scam watch.

And the Acorn replacement is not interested as I have not been a victim.
What does it take to get these indial numbers shut down? What is the
process ?

If anyone can tell me, I'd be greatful. Especially anyone from MNF group /
Symbio. After being informed by some one fairly high up there they would
look into it, nothing's happened.

Meanwhile keep having fun and taking the scammers for a ride.