[AusNOG] Leaky Feeder & UTP

Mal malz at jetlan.com
Wed Mar 4 07:43:04 EST 2020

On 03/03/2020 11:06 pm, John Edwards wrote:
> Separation distance is also prudent for electrical safety between
> systems that have different electrical characteristics, in the event of
> an incident that causes the cables to become uninsulated and in contact
> with each other.

Thanks John - Hence my question on distance.

We're looking at 500mm separation, but was looking to see what others use.

Thanks Nathan - VHF, Repeaters supporting 148-175Mhz.  And the obvious
carrier signal on ethernet of 125Mhz.

Essentially, UTP tails present parallel for short tunnel distances to
present WAPs from field cabinets.  No ethernet repeaters, all fibre
backhual.

Mal