[AusNOG] My condolences to the people trying to sort out remote learning

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Mon Apr 20 15:07:30 EST 2020

> The problem is and always has been NAT. You need an external rendezvous

Makes you wonder why more Australian RSPs don't do ipv6.

Unfortunately all those RSPs who are still v4-only have missed the
boat and now their customers will feel a lot more pain over the coming
months than customers on a dual-stack RSP. Churning is pretty easy if
you're on the NBN. Just sayin.

And for those of you setting up your own jitsi servers or similar, of
course you'll deploy on a dual-stack server to maximize the prospect
of your users/customers getting a better experience. Yes?

FWIW, I've never touched jitsi before in my life but even I managed to
follow a cookbook and get a dual-stack server up and running in a few
hours. I was tempted to drop the A RR just to see how many users would
squeal, but that would be too cruel in Australia.

Mark.