[AusNOG] its 2020 youd think NBN would prevent this

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Mon Apr 13 16:06:37 EST 2020

On 13Apr20, James Hodgkinson allegedly wrote:

> Not sure why you'd think NBN would make anything better, given all the experience we've seen...

Right. There are plenty of examples of people accidentally losing
their DSL or phone service due to a tech making a port mistake or a
provider not checking an address correctly. Heck, look at all the
mobile phone port errors!

Yes, maybe NBNCo should be better, but they are no worse than
historical industry standards - such as they are.

Mark.