[AusNOG] dark fibre encryption

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+ausnog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:01:34 EST 2020

Hi Scott,

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 at 11:07, Scott Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:

>> --- pat at ge3k.net wrote:
>> From: Patrick Ohearn <pat at ge3k.net>
>>
>> Senetas's CN series hardware are another option -
>> https://www.senetas.com/products/cn-encryptors/
>>
>> Australian, ASX listed company if that matters.
>
> And closely related to the military and gov't... :)

Tin foil hat: off
Crackpot mode: disabled
Backyard baked bean-filled bunker: non-existent

Well, I'm not sure what you're implying here, but having met the Senetas
folks at trade shows, and listened to their CTO (Julian Fay) talk crypto on
the Risky Business podcast, my only take-away is that they seem like a
bunch of friendly, down-to-Earth, super-cluey crypto nuts, with widely
used/well respected products.

Cheers,
Dale (not even remotely associated w/ Senetas)