[AusNOG] Traffic volumes & COVID19 impact?

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Apr 4 00:35:43 EST 2020

They're not all in one meeting, that's 130 different meetings conducted
once. The number of classes is about 90, but they can be split into
breakout rooms which increases the number. We aren't doing large VCs, and
in fact BBB doesn't recommend more than 100 people in a room, since
freeswitch (which BBB uses) tends to shit itself and screw up further
meetings held after on the same server. We did one test with 130 students
in a single meeting and freeswitch was using 50% of a 20-core VM, starving
out the other processes.